Thursday, April 3, 2008

Billy's Global Grill Steak

My friend Billy has been telling me about a steak recipe he discovered for a couple months now. Finally I got a chance to try it last night. I had to make some variations because I couldn't find all the ingredients he suggested.

Ingredients List:
Steaks - (I used beef tenderloins)
Paul Prudone's Blackened Redfish seasoning
Worcestershire
Onion
Garlic
Heavy Whipping Cream
Andouille Sausage - (I used Conecah)
Lump Crabmeat

First, take some Worcestershire sauce and reduce it till it has the consistency of syrup. Billy suggested that I do a whole bottle and store it in a squirt bottle. I didn't have a squirt bottle handy so I just did a little bit.

Billy told me next to cube and brown up some Andouille sausage. Here I deviated again because I couldn't find Andouille. I did have some smoked Conecah sausage in the freezer and we used that. Remove the sausage and saute some onions and garlic till clear in the sausage fat. Then add the sausage, whipping cream, and crab meat and get a nice thick sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stephanie actually cooked the sauce. While she was doing that I took care of the steaks on my Big Green Egg.

For the steaks, Billy told me to season them with the blacken seasoning and sear them in a cast iron skillet. I couldn't find the blacken seasoning, so I used coarse sea salt on the steaks and cooked them using the Trex method. I got my Egg to 700 degrees and seared the steaks for about 2 min per side. I took them off the Egg and seasoned them up with some Essence of Emmeril. While the steaks were resting, I brought the temperature in the Egg down to about 425. I put the steaks back on and cooked them about 7 minutes to 140F internal. They were a nice Medium Rare.

Once the steaks are ready, put them on top of mashed potatoes, pour the reduced Worcestershire on them and then top with generous amounts of the crab and sausage cream sauce. It was good eats.

We really enjoyed the reduced Worcestershire sauce. I'm going to have to get a squirt bottle from Walmart and make a batch. I don't normally put sauces on my steaks but I tried it and it was good stuff. I probably won't use tenderloins again for this recipe because they are pretty good by their lonesome.

1 comment:

Basting Away said...

I've made these beans 3 times now and each time everyone is asking for more! They are very good. Someone on the BGE site said they used peaches instead of apples and it was very good. I'll need to try that.

Steve