Monday, April 7, 2008

Eye of Round Roast

Yesterday, I cooked an Eye of Round Roast on the Egg. Saturday night, I coated it in salt & pepper before marinating it in a little Moore's and some Roasted Red Pepper Italian Dressing.

Before the cook, I cut slits into the roast and stuffed them with garlic cloves. I also added a little more salt, pepper, and onion powder. I put it on a V-rack over a drip pan. In the drip pan, I put in a whole beer and the leftover marinade. I cooked it on my Big Green Egg at 375F indirect. I cooked it to an internal temperature of 130F.

I put the Roast in foil and let it rest for 30 minutes. Then I put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes to get it to set up to slice.

While the meat was chilling, I sauteed an onion, a red bell pepper, and a green bell pepper in my dutch oven. I then sliced the meat and put it on top of the peppers and onion. I added the juices from the drip pan and about 1 cup of beef stock. Then I let it simmer for about an hour uncovered.

I then mixed 1/2 cup of mayo with 3 tablespoons of horseradish and 2 tablespoons of sourcream. I put that back in the fridge to set up.

These made great roast beef sandwiches. I'll be having roast beef sandwiches all week!

1 comment:

Tony said...

Pictures...we need pictures!